Julia Wittman is a member of Quarles & Brady's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Julia represents clients across the country in a broad variety of commercial disputes. She has represented clients in the direct sales, education, franchising, alcohol beverage, and other industries in state and federal courts nationwide. Julia has been involved in all aspects of litigation, including pre-lawsuit negotiations, discovery, motion practice, settlements, trial preparation, trial, and post-trial motions. Additionally, Julia has advocated for clients in both state and federal appellate courts. When representing clients in any sector, Julia takes a passionate and solutions-driven approach to litigation, thinking strategically about both the business and legal issues at play.
Julia's experience includes:
- Defending multi-national brewer against claims for violation of alcohol beverage franchise laws.
- Defending direct sales companies in federal class action RICO, securities fraud, consumer fraud, and tort lawsuits and in consumer fraud actions brought by state attorneys general.
- Representing direct sales companies in FTC and state attorneys general investigations, including responding to Civil Investigative Demands.
- Defending health care providers in class actions involving alleged violations of medical records statutes and tort claims.
- Defending franchisor in arbitration involving claims for wrongful termination and unlawful competition.
- Defending private educational institution against breach of contract, tort, retaliation, and other claims brought by former students and employees.
- Providing regulatory counsel in alcohol beverage space.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Class Action Defense
- Direct Sales Industry
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- Arizona State Law Journal (Executive Note and Comment Editor)
- Annals of Health Law (Special Edition Guest Senior Editor)
- Chicano-Latino Law Students Association (Member)
- University of Arizona (B.A., summa cum laude, 2008)
- Majors: Religious Studies and Spanish
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- Selected by Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education as one of the Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in Arizona (2016)