Katie Hanes is a member of the firm's Estate, Trust & Wealth Preservation Practice Group. She has experience developing estate plans and administering estates and trusts. In particular, Katie:
- Prepares estate plans (consisting of trusts, wills, powers of attorney, marital property agreements, etc.) that carry out a client's wishes while minimizing taxes and administrative burdens.
- Works with corporate and individual trustees and personal representatives to effectively and efficiently administer trusts and estates.
Education and Honors
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Berkeley Journal of Criminal Law (Editor-in-Chief)
- Berkeley Law Foundation (Member)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2013)
- Women's Varsity Rowing Team
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section, Program Co-Chair
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation - Young Professional Advisors, Member
- Association for Women Lawyers, Member
- Children's Hospital Guardianship Pro Bono Clinic, Volunteer