Katie Muldoon is a partner in the Firm's Estate, Trust and Wealth Preservation Group. She handles estate planning, estate administration, business succession planning and trust administration. A particular focus of Katie's estate planning practice involves counselling family and closely held businesses. Katie is creative, yet practical in her approach to tax and estate planning. Katie’s experience includes:
- Working with high-net-worth families to structure tax-efficient estate plans.
- Drafting complex trusts to facilitate intergenerational transfers of wealth.
- Reviewing and amending governing business documents to ensure that they are in synch with client's estate plan.
- Probating estates and preparing estate tax returns.
- Advising clients with regard to charitable giving.
- Handling IRS estate tax audits.
- Assisting trustees with trust administration matters.
Katie lives in Wauwatosa with her husband and four children.
Education and Honors
- Boston University School of Law
- University of Notre Dame
- Women's Varsity Rowing Team
Professional and Civic Activities
- Discovery World, Board of Directors
- Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool, Board of Directors
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Trusts & Estate Section, Program Chair 2017-2018; Vice Chair 2016-2017
- Association for Women Lawyers, Member
- Children's Hospital Guardianship Pro Bono Clinic, Volunteer