Kate Moore represents financial institutions, debt funds and other non-traditional lenders in connection with real estate and other commercial loan transactions, with a primary focus on complex construction lending. Kate is experienced in ground lease financing, EB-5 debt, and "note on note" transactions. She advises clients at all stages of financing transactions from term sheet negotiations, documentation, closing, and ongoing advice over the life of the loan.
Kate has extensive experience representing lenders in workout and restructuring scenarios, disposition of troubled assets, and advising as to enforcement strategies — including transfers of real property assets via deed in lieu transactions.
In addition to her finance practice, she also represents financial institutions, developers and investors with real estate financing, acquisition, disposition, and development.
Kate serves as the National Chair of the firm's Financial Services Industry Team. Her representative transactions include:
- Representation of lead agent in syndicated $90 million construction loan for ambulatory healthcare facility in Florida.
- Representation of lead agent in syndicated $60 million branded hotel construction loan in North Carolina.
- Representation of lead agent in $40 million construction loan for affordable housing multifamily project in Massachusetts.
- Representation of construction lender on $40 million construction loan, secured by GPLET real property and improvements in Arizona.
- Representation of lead agent in the pre- and post-bankruptcy restructuring of $200+ million syndicated real estate loan, secured by real property in Nevada and Minnesota.
- Representation of national bank in connection with the disposition of its bank-owned properties.
Education and Honors
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2006)
- Miami University (B.A., cum laude, 2003)
- Majors: Political Science, Spanish/Latin American Studies
- Phi Beta Kappa