Kathryn S. McMahon is a real estate attorney and associate with Quarles & Brady LLP. She focuses her practice in the areas of leasing, commercial real estate loans, and acquisitions and dispositions.
Katie represents corporate and commercial clients including landlords, institutional owners, asset managers, investors, developers, and REITS. She assists her clients in the acquisition, disposition, financing, and leasing of commercial, industrial, and residential real property including office buildings, shopping centers, and industrial warehouses. She also regularly negotiates and drafts commercial leases, purchase and sale agreements, management agreements, and loan documents.
Katie's recent experience includes:
- Assisted in the representation of a landlord in connection with negotiating and drafting a 450,000 square foot lease relocating the anchor tenant to a new headquarters at a Class A office building in Chicago, Illinois.
- Assisted in the representation of a seller in connection with a sale/lease back transaction pending new construction of an office building in Chicago, Illinois, including drafting the purchase and sale agreement, title and survey considerations, and the negotiation and drafting of the lease and related amendments.
- Assisted in the representation of a major life insurance company in the sale of a Class A office building in Chicago, Illinois.
- Assisted in the representation of a medical office property group in connection with the leasing and acquisition of medical office properties throughout the Chicagoland area.
- Assisted in the representation of a major life insurance company in connection with various multi-million dollar loans secured by office parks, shopping centers, parking facilities, and office buildings.
- Real Estate
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Marquette University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2012)