Kenneth D. Downey is an associate in our Phoenix Real Estate Group. Ken assists in the representation of developers, real estate investment firms, and institutional equity investors in all types of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, development, operation, and financing of multi-family residential complexes and office buildings.
- Assisted in the representation of institutional investor with several multi-million dollar land acquisitions and high-rise condominium developments.
- Assisted in the representation of institutional investor with multi-million dollar ground lease bifurcation, development, acquisition, and refinance.
- Assisted a national multi-family housing developer in title and zoning due diligence for several real estate acquisitions.
- Assisted Arizona-based real estate investment group in the acquisition and disposition of several commercial, industrial, and apartment projects located in Arizona.
- Assisted in the representation of institutional investor with several multi-million dollar upfront equity financings.
- Assisted in the representation of institutional investor with negotiation and preparation of industry standard forms of design and construction contracts.
Education and Honors
- Gonzaga University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2015)
- University of San Diego (B.B.A., summa cum laude, 2010)
- Oxford University
- Blackfriar Scholar
Professional and Civic Activities
- Valley Partnership State Legislative Committee – Member
- State Bar of Arizona Business Law Executive Council – Member at Large
- Gonzaga School of Law - Law Review, Associate Editor, 2015
- CALI Excellence Awards - Secured Transactions, Bankruptcy, Professional Responsibility, Civil Procedure
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Medal of Excellence, 2015