Mr. Haney practices in the areas of product liability and personal injury litigation, construction law and litigation, commercial litigation, and appellate law. His practice is principally focused on the investigation and defense of product liability claims against manufacturers and retailers. His construction litigation practice involves the representation of developers, contractors, and design professionals. Mr. Haney also frequently negotiates complex construction agreements for owners and contractors. He has significant arbitration, trial, and appellate experience in complex civil litigation throughout the State of Florida and represents clients across the country. His recent experience includes
- Frequent representation of product liability and construction litigation clients in claim investigation, pre-suit negotiations, and alternative dispute resolution proceedings, including private and court-ordered arbitration hearings and mediation conferences.
- Negotiation of very favorable pre-trial resolution of wrongful death action against farm equipment manufacturer for less than 10 percent of plaintiff's demand at mediation.
- Successful recovery at trial of 100% of damages for national medical office building developer.
- Successful defense at trial of luxury custom home builder against claim by purchaser for breach of contract alleging defective construction and excessive billing under cost-plus agreement for construction of model home.
- Successful litigation of claim on behalf of contractor against public entity for extra work and non-payment on multimillion-dollar projection, and successful defense of counterclaims for construction defects and fraud.
Education and Honors
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., 1999)
- Florida Journal of International Law (Senior Articles Editor, 1998–1999)
- University of Florida (B.A., 1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2000
Professional and Civic Activities
- BioFlorida (Member, 2010–present)
- Southwest Region Manufacturer's Association (Member, 2010–present)
- DRI (Member, Product Liability, 2005–present)
- Collier County Bar Association (Member, 2006–present)
- Lee County Bar Association (Member, 2006–present)
- The Florida Bar (Member, 1999–present)
- American Bar Association (Member, 1999–present; Member, Forum on the Construction Industry, 2001-present)
- Collier Building Industry Association (Member, 2007–present)
- Gator Bowl Association, Inc. (Committee Member, 2003–2006; Chairman's Club, 2005)
- Jacksonville Humane Society (Volunteer, 2000–2004; 2001 Outstanding Volunteer.
- Junior Achievement 2014 Business Hall of Fame Advisory Board
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers–Rising Stars 2009–2011 Editions (Personal Injury Defense: Products)