Kevin A. Delorey was a real estate and construction attorney and a partner with Quarles & Brady LLP. He was also national chair of the Real Estate Practice Group and managing partner of the Tampa Office. Kevin's practice centered on commercial real estate development, including purchase and sale; annexation, eminent domain and land use and zoning approval; subdivision and condominium documentation and approval; and included a particular emphasis on design and construction contract negotiation and drafting, including complex integrated project delivery ("IPD") contracts, contracts associated with building information modeling and lean construction.
Licensed to practice in both Wisconsin and Florida, Kevin split his time among our Madison, Milwaukee, and Tampa offices, as well as regular visits to our Chicago office.
His recent experience included:
- Assembled multiple real estate parcels, zoning and land use approvals, and negotiation and drafting of one of the country's first multi-party integrated project delivery contracts for development, design and construction of a $200 million public/private bio-medical research facility.
- Assembled multiple real estate parcels, zoning and land use approvals for the development and construction of a $200 million cultural arts and entertainment facility.
- Acquired an acquisition of a 300+ acre, greenfield site for the development of a new corporate headquarters. Project also involved annexation, and land use approvals, as well as negotiation and drafting of design and construction contracts for the $100 million first phase of development, and a master construction management contract.
- Assisted central city office tower owners with the creation of template design and construction contract forms for tenant build-outs.
- Assisted large, institutional investors in review and negotiation of construction-related project documents.
- Represented numerous school districts in the purchase, development, design, and construction of school-related sites and facilities.
- Represented numerous hospital and health care system clients in the development, design, and construction of new hospital and medical office building facilities, and rehabilitation and repurposing of obsolete facilities.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1986)
- Order of the Coif.
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (B.S., 1983)
- highest honors
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- The Florida Bar (Member)
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society (Member)
- Associated General Contractors of America (Contract Documents Committee and Project Delivery Forum Steering Committee)
- Lean Construction Institute
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2010-2014: Real Estate)
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2011 Madison Real Estate Lawyer of the Year
- Selected for inclusion in the 2005-2008 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Real Estate)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (1995-present: Real Estate Law, 2021: Land Use and Zoning Law)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated