Kevin A. Delorey is a real estate and construction attorney and a partner with Quarles & Brady LLP. He is also national chair of the Real Estate Practice Group. Kevin's practice centers on commercial real estate development, including purchase and sale; annexation, eminent domain and land use and zoning approval; subdivision and condominium documentation and approval; and includes a particular emphasis on design and construction contract negotiation and drafting, including complex integrated project delivery ("IPD") contracts, contracts associated with building information modeling and lean construction.
Licensed to practice in both Wisconsin and Florida, Kevin splits his time among our Madison, Milwaukee, and Tampa offices, as well as regular visits to our Chicago office.
His recent experience includes:
- Assembly of multiple real estate parcels, zoning and land use approvals, and negotiation and drafting of one of the country's first multi-party integrated project delivery contracts for development, design and construction of a $200 million public/private bio-medical research facility.
- Assembly of multiple real estate parcels, zoning and land use approvals for the development and construction of a $200 million cultural arts and entertainment facility.
- Acquisition of a 300+ acre, greenfield site for the development of a new corporate headquarters. Project also involved annexation, and land use approvals, as well as negotiation and drafting of design and construction contracts for the $100 million first phase of development, and a master construction management contract.
- Assisting central city office tower owners with the creation of template design and construction contract forms for tenant build-outs.
- Assisting large, institutional investors in review and negotiation of construction-related project documents.
- Representation of numerous school districts in the purchase, development, design, and construction of school-related sites and facilities.
- Representation of numerous hospital and health care system clients in the development, design, and construction of new hospital and medical office building facilities, and rehabilitation and repurposing of obsolete facilities.
- Real Estate
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1986)
- Order of the Coif.
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (B.S., 1983)
- highest honors
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- The Florida Bar (Member)
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society (Member)
- Associated General Contractors of America (Contract Documents Committee and Project Delivery Forum Steering Committee)
- Lean Construction Institute
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2011 Madison Real Estate Lawyer of the Year
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (1995-present: Real Estate Law)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2010-2014: Real Estate)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Selected for inclusion in the 2005-2008 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Real Estate)