Kevin Quigley practices in the area of commercial litigation and regulatory law. His litigation practice has an emphasis in consumer lending, property disputes, defamation, and contract and lease disputes, and litigation involving direct selling companies. Mr. Quigley also represents direct sales and multilevel marketing clients to ensure compliance with state and federal law. His recent experience includes
- Defense of consumer financial services companies involving FCRA, FDCPA, and state law claims.
- Representation of direct sales companies in federal class action "Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act" lawsuits in various United States District Courts.
- Representation of direct sales company in federal class action alleging breach of warranty.
- Representation of multilevel marketing companies in relation to federal and state regulatory compliance.
- Representation of direct selling companies responding to state and federal civil investigation demands.
- Representation of nutraceutical manufacturer in international arbitration regarding exclusive distributorships.
- Defense of international corporation in defamation lawsuit.
- Representation of internet direct sales companies in internet defamation lawsuits.
- Representation of independent power producer and other interested parties in siting merchant power plants and transmission lines in Arizona.
- Representation of direct selling companies in Federal Trade Commission enforcement actions.
- Representation of financial services companies in mortgage disputes.
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., magna cum laude, 1994)
- Order of the Coif
- Pedrick Scholar
- Arizona State Law Journal (Articles Editor)
- University of Arizona (B.A., magna cum laude, 1990)
- Baird Scholar
- Dean's List
- Gold Key National Honor Society
- Phi Alpha Phi Honor Society
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2005
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Member, Administrative Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association Hall of Fame Selection Committee
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Board of Directors; Secretary; Treasurer; President, 2009)
- Maricopa County Justice Museum & Learning Center Foundation (Secretary, Treasurer, Board of Directors)
- Community Legal Services ("CLS") (Board of Directors)
- National Legal Aid & Defender Association
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (Member); Young Lawyers Division (Executive Committee)
- State Bar Professionalism Course (Instructor)
- Arizona Celtic Bar Association (Founding Board Member)
- St. Thomas More Society
- Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors; General Counsel)
- Ducks Unlimited, Arizona Chapter (Sustaining Member Recruitment Chair; Committee Member)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Selected for inclusion in the 2010–present Southwest Super Lawyers® lists (Business Litigation)