Kevin Slaughter is a partner and business lawyer with Quarles & Brady. His practice includes the areas of mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, private offerings, procurement, and airport concessions. Kevin has experience working with clients from the automotive, manufacturing, healthcare and food industries.
Kevin has had the pleasure of working on both domestic and international M&A transactions and has achieved exceptional results in complex corporate transactions. He has vast experience drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements including master supply/service agreements, distribution agreements, reseller agreements, development and licensing agreements, and manufacturing agreements.
Above all, Kevin has excellent client relationship and interpersonal skills, and is highly adept at explaining the results and consequences of the actions his clients may contemplate, in a manner understandable to those who do not have a legal background. Kevin earns the trust and confidence of his clients and colleagues by employing an analytical yet pragmatic approach that is focused on accomplishing the business objectives of his clients in a responsive, efficient and effective manner.
M&A, Joint Ventures and Private Offerings
- Represented shareholders of an industrial dairy farm in a sale of assets to a private equity fund.
- Represented emerging telehealth company in a $2 million private offering.
- Represented a German manufacturer of freezers in joint venture with a Brazilian importer and exporter of food service products.
- Represented German manufacturer of automotive parts in acquisition of a U.S. manufacturer of automotive molds.
- Represented Luxembourg provider of global translation services in multiple acquisitions of U.S. providers of translation services.
- Represented German manufacturer of automotive axles in multiple acquisitions of operating companies and the disposition of its US operations to a private equity fund.
- Represented shareholders of a specialty pharmacy in a stock sale to Fortune 500 acquirer.
- Represented Fortune 150 automotive manufacturer in drafting and negotiating documentation of numerous commercial transactions including direct supply agreements, master supply agreements, and master service agreements. Representation included working on site for extended periods and embedding with various business units.
- Represented emerging provider of product innovation services in connection with numerous master service agreements with Fortune 500 companies.
- Represented lenders providing specialty financing to ACDBE concessionaires.
- Represented ACDBE concessionaires in connection with multiple joint ventures.
- Business Law
- Public Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Health & Life Sciences
Education and Honors
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business (Certificate of Executive Management, 2013)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Hampton University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1992)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Committee (Board Member)
- Chicago United (Member, Leaders Council)
- Economic Club (Member)
- Executives Club of Chicago (Member, New Leaders Circle)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member)
- Muslim Bar Association of Chicago (Board Member)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member)
- One Goal (Board Member, Secretary)
- Recipient, "Notable Minority Lawyers" list, Crain's Chicago Business, 2018
- Recipient, "Men of Excellence" Award, Chicago Defender, 2013
- Recipient, "Business Leaders Champion" Award, Chicago United, 2010