Kiel Zillmer advises clients on a broad range of commercial real estate, tax, and corporate matters, including negotiating commercial leasing arrangements, overseeing purchase and sale transactions, and consulting on legal issues related to property tax exemption. He also offers practical legal counsel to hospitals and health care providers on a variety of issues such as hospital-physician arrangements and transactions, regulatory compliance (including the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute), physician compensation, and health care valuation processes and considerations, with the goal of achieving business objectives while minimizing unnecessary risk.
While in law school, Kiel served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Michael J. Gableman of the Wisconsin Supreme Court and as a legal intern at the Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (M.S., 2011)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (B.A., magna cum laude, 2008)
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Health Law Association, member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, member
- America Bar Association, member
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (Health Care Law, 2023)