Kirti Reddy is an experienced litigation attorney focused on federal and state investigations involving the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, and similar fraud statutes. Kirti previously served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York, Civil Division, where she was lead counsel on a number of investigations and responsible for issuing subpoenas and obtaining documents, interviewing and deposing witnesses, and negotiating settlements.
Kirti's extensive government experience enables her to provide clients with the government’s perspective of an investigation or enforcement action. Her experience includes investigating issues relating to improper billings, upcoding, kickbacks, improper inflation of Medicare Part C plan risk scores, safe harbor provisions of the Anti-Kickback statute, good manufacturing practices, customs fraud violations relating to importation of goods by manufacturers and wholesalers, false labeling of goods, and visa fraud.
She has investigated and settled cases covering a wide range of industries with exposure in the tens of millions, including:
- a biotech testing company using the wrong billing code, paying “draw fees” and providing kickbacks to physicians and their staff
- exclusion of an owner of a substance abuse treatment clinic for enrolling patients through kickbacks and using falsified patient admissions forms
- obtaining a preliminary injunction and monitorship against a chemical dependency clinic for providing kickbacks and falsifying treatment records
- a hematology-oncology medical practice for waiving copayments, overbilling, and billing for services that were not documented as medically necessary
Kirti also has extensive defensive federal litigation experience and has conducted all aspects of litigation from initiation of a lawsuit through trial and appeal, including witness interviews, pleadings, discovery, depositions, motions, oral arguments, settlement negotiations, and trials. She has acted as lead counsel in many federal civil litigation matters including the Administrative Procedure Act, Bivens, class actions, constitutional law, employment discrimination, immigration, medical and dental malpractice, and torts.
- Health & Life Sciences
- Health Litigation
- White Collar Crime and Internal Investigations
Education and Honors
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., with distinction, 1996)
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1993)
- New York
Professional and Civic Activities
- Adjunct Professor, Seton Hall Law School, 2021
- Executive Office for the United States Attorney’s Director’s Award, Superior Performance for investigation and litigation of a matter based on the False Claims Act, 2016
- Attorney Achievement Award, United States Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service, 1999