Laura has worked in the legal field for over 25 years and joined Quarles and Brady's Milwaukee office in 2012. She has worked both in large law firms in Chicago and as a senior client specialist in a national corporate services company. Laura's emphasis has been on merger and acquisition work and her experience includes:
- Formation, organization and ongoing maintenance for corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and other business entities including business qualifications, annual informational filings, and dissolutions.
- Mergers and acquisitions, including asset acquisitions, stock purchases, ESOP transactions, tender offers and triangular and direct mergers.
- Assisting with commercial finance transactions including Uniform Commercial Code filings and compliance.
- Assisting with due diligence for corporate mergers, acquisitions and ESOP transactions.
- Drafting corporate documents including shareholder agreements, merger documents, and ESOP documents.
Education and Honors
- Roosevelt University (Certificate, with honors, 1987)
- Lawyers Assistant Program, ABA Approved Graduate Level. Certificate Program, Corporate Specialty.
- Northern Illinois University (B.A., 1979)
- Degree: Sociology with an emphasis in Criminal Justice.