Ms. Stine has handled a wide variety of cases, for many different types of clients. The following are a sample of more recent matters:
Commercial Litigation Matters:
- Defense of Arizona municipalities against breach of contract and intentional interference claims arising out of real estate developments.
- Defense of national law firms against professional negligence, breach of contract, and racketeering claims.
- Representation of financial institutions in loan default, breach of guaranty, quiet title, deed reformation, and lender liability matters.
- Representation of members and directors in complex corporate disputes, including allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
Appellate Matters and Experience:
- Appearing as counsel of record and/or on the briefs in more than 25 appeals and special actions, including in the Arizona Supreme Court, Divisions One and Two of the Arizona Court of Appeals, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Counseling clients on preserving issues for appeal and in post-judgment proceedings, including motions for judgment as a matter of law and motions for new trial.
- Champlin v. Bank of America, 293 P.3d 541 (Ariz. App. 2013) (court reverses in favor of client, holding that plaintiff's failure to provide timely notice of application for entry of default rendered default judgment ineffective).
- Keystone Floor & More, LLC v. Arizona Registrar of Contractors, 219 P.3d 237 (Ariz. App. 2009) (court reverses in favor of client, holding that homeowner was not entitled to statutory award of attorneys fees against contractor under A.R.S. § 12-341.01).
- Mortensen v. Gust Rosenfeld, et al., 2016 WL 6472368 (Ariz. App. Oct. 27, 2015) (court affirms trial court's dismissal of intentional interference claims against client based on governmental immunity).
Healthcare Litigation Matters:
- Assisting clients in responding to government subpoenas and investigations and in deposition and other adversarial proceedings.
- Defense of wholesale distributor in breach of contract action arising out of administration of pharmacy 340B program.
- Defense of wholesale distributor in court and administrative proceedings involving state Medicaid agency.
- Representation of hospital in actions involving breach of participation agreements arising out of health plan's application of Medicare sequestration.
- Representation of providers, pharmacies, transportation providers, and other entities in complex contract and corporate disputes.