Lauren Tuckey is an attorney in the firm's Product Liability Practice Group. Lauren's practice focuses on product liability, commercial litigation and environmental toxic tort defense. Her practice is diverse and involves the defense of product manufacturers against product defect, warnings and chemical exposure claims. As an experienced litigator, Lauren has defended seven and eight-figure construction negligence, product liability and wrongful death actions for a variety of corporate clients, including a favorable defense verdict obtained for a client in the Cook County case of Rizner v. The Weitz Company, et al., where the jury found the plaintiff 40% at fault for his own injuries due to his failure to wear fall protection.
In addition to practicing law, Lauren is honored to represent children pro bono in contested guardianship cases and enjoys adoption counseling at PAWS Adoption Center. Lauren is proud to serve the Women's Bar Association of Illinois as Second Vice President and the Illinois Bar Foundation as Secretary.
In her spare time Lauren is an avid "foodie." She graduated from top culinary school Kendall College's certificate program and is studying to be a sommelier.
Education and Honors
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Book Award for highest grade, Legal Research & Writing
- National Order of the Barristers Award
- Society of Bar & Gavel
- Moot Court Board President
- Michigan State University (B.A., 2007)
- Major: Finance
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Professional and Civic Activities
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois (Second Vice President)
- Illinois Bar Foundation (Secretary)
- The Daisie Foundation (Board of Directors)
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (Pro Bono Child Representative)
- Daughters of the American Revolution (Member)
- PAWS Adoption Center (Adoption Counselor)
- Selected for inclusion in the Illinois Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2016 - present)
- Leading Lawyers® Emerging Lawyer (2014-present)
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois Service Award, 2015