Linda Emery focuses her practice in the areas of information technology, data privacy and security, the Internet of Things and trademarks. She has experience working with consumer product, service, technology, and communications companies.
Linda's experience in data privacy and security allows her to help clients at the international, federal and state levels both in regulatory compliance and establishing best practices. She focuses on the interrelationship between the laws and regulations and utilizes her knowledge and experience to assist clients in financial services, insurance, education and health care.
Linda has spent substantial time helping clients in the smart devices and Internet of Things ("IOT") arena. She uses her background in technology, privacy and telecommunications to advise clients on the data privacy and security laws that impact this fast-paced environment. She has advised clients on areas ranging from cyber-attacks on interconnected devices to product liability claims to intellectual property risks to the Federal Trade Commission's Guidance on the IOT.
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
- Business Law
- Trademarks & Copyrights
- Data Privacy & Security
Education and Honors
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., cum laude, 1986)
- Northwestern University (B.A., 1983)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- Named a 2017 Women in the Law by Wisconsin Law Journal