Lora LoCoco focuses her practice primarily in the area of products liability, advising and defending product manufacturers on a variety of issues. Her science background, including admission to and litigation experience before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), has sharpened her ability to understand the complexities of her clients’ products and deal with technical expert witnesses.
Lora also practices and has extensive litigation experience in the areas of commercial litigation and insurance coverage litigation. She represents clients in all aspects of state and federal civil litigation, from initial claims through trial and appeal, with an emphasis on in-depth legal analysis and legal briefing at the trial, appellate, and Supreme Court level. Lora also consults with and advises clients on commercial risk avoidance and pre-litigation dispute management. Lora has considerable experience in commercial contract disputes, stock and asset purchase disputes, construction defect litigation, intellectual property litigation, insurance coverage disputes, business torts, and other complex business litigation.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Lora was a note and comment editor for the Marquette Law Review and an associate editor for the Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review. During law school, she served as a legal extern to Federal Judge Rudolph T. Randa.
Some of Lora's successes include:
- Obtaining successful reversal of Wisconsin Appellate Court decision by the Wisconsin Supreme Court in commercial lease dispute;
- Obtaining successful early stage dismissal of business tort claims in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin;
- Negotiating successful settlement of multi-defendant business bank/check fraud dispute; and
- Negotiating successful settlement in multi-party construction defect litigation.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Marquette Law Review, note and comment editor
- Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review, senior staff
- Legal Extern to the Honorable Rudolf T. Randa, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.S., 2007)
- Degrees: Biology (Biocore-Honors Biology Program) and Legal Studies
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
Professional and Civic Activities
- Wisconsin Bar Association, member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, member
- Soles for Catholic Education Walk, chair, 2019, 2020
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2019, 2020, 2021