Luke Behnke focuses his practice on product liability and general commercial litigation, defending corporate clients in complex and high exposure claims. An experienced litigator, Luke routinely advises clients in all phases of litigation, from initial claim and fact investigation to discovery, trial, and appeal.
Luke has represented clients in matters before state and federal courts throughout the country. He has also represented health care professionals, as well as local and national employers and insurers before administrative bodies in Illinois and Wisconsin.
His experience includes:
- Serving as lead attorney for global soft drink producer and third-party administrator in successful defense of high-exposure claim involving a dispute between two employees on the employer’s premises allegedly involving a handgun. Received a favorable decision from the Illinois Appellate Court.
- Representing global medical organization and insurance carrier in successful defense of medical malpractice claim. Drafted Motion to Dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction, which was granted by New York court.
- Successful defense of employment staffing agency in claim for worker’s compensation benefits involving a Medicare beneficiary, navigating complex CMS/SSA issues.
- Serving as lead attorney for large installer of commercial fire protection systems and insurance carrier in successful defense of Wisconsin claim involving a Medicare beneficiary with a significant traumatic head injury.
- Representing pharmaceutical developer against global pharmaceutical company in complex pharmaceutical action in New York involving breach of contract and tort claims.
Education and Honors
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Michigan State Law Review, Associate Editor
- Dean's List (every semester)
- Teaching Assistant for Civil Procedure I and Civil Procedure II
- Research Assistant for Professor George T. Roumell, Jr.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2006)
- Pi Sigma Alpha (The National Political Science Honor Society)
- UW-Madison Pre-Law Society (Financial Director)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Defense Research Institute (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel (Member)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member)
- City of Mequon, Wisconsin Ethics Board (Member)
- Weyenberg Public Library Foundation (Board of Directors)
- Jurisprudence Achievement Awards (highest grade) in Research, Writing and Advocacy I, Research Writing and Advocacy II, Sales and Leases, and Negotiation.
- Donald Nystrom Best Brief Competition Finalist Award