David Short focuses his practice on commercial litigation and product liability defense. He has litigated cases in federal and state courts in over 30 states including New York, Maryland, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, California, Massachusetts, Indiana, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Ohio, Wisconsin, Georgia, West Virginia, Nevada, New Jersey, Delaware, Oklahoma, Alabama, North Carolina, Washington, Idaho, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Michigan, Minnesota, and Tennessee, and tried cases in Arizona, Florida, and Illinois.
David has many years of experience managing portfolios of product liability matters for large manufacturers. In addition to providing overall strategic direction to clients in their products liability matters, he serves as lead counsel in courtroom actions at both the trial and appellate level. David’s practice also includes representing clients in commercial, intellectual property, and employment litigation matters.
Education and Honors
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1995)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., with honors, 1992)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
Professional and Civic Activities
- Trial Attorneys of America (Member)
- Village of Glen Ellyn Environmental Commission (Commissioner)