Todd Smith is an attorney in our Scottsdale office and a member of the Estate, Trust & Wealth Preservation Practice Group. He focuses on estate planning, probate and trust administration, and business organizations. He works for high-net-worth clients, but he enjoys assisting individuals and families with estate planning needs, regardless of the size or complexity of the estate. He also assists clients through the administrative burdens that complicate the already difficult time after the death of a loved one, including helping out-of-state residents to navigate Arizona's probate process.
Todd has extensive experience with business organizations, including advising business owners and preparing buy-sell agreements for business succession planning and advising clients with substantial wealth in forming business entities like Limited Liability Companies (LLC’s) and Family Limited Partnerships (FLP’s) for asset protection and estate planning purposes. More recently, Todd has developed an interest in NFA Trusts, which are an estate planning vehicle for clients who own Title II, Class 3 weapons.
Education and Honors
- UNLV, William S. Boyd School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Arizona State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2003)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2006
- Arizona Supreme Court, 2006
Professional and Civic Activities
- East Valley Estate Planning Council (Director, Past President)
- Scottsdale Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona, Probate & Trust Section
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section