As a registered patent attorney, Malissa Eng focuses her practice on patent preparation and prosecution in the chemical, life science, and material science industries. She has experience in a wide array of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, cosmetic and skincare formulations, medical devices, and breath testing diagnostics.
Malissa provides strategic patent counseling to clients ranging from start-ups to large corporations. She also prepares and negotiates intellectual property agreements and advises on third-party patent rights.
During her adjunct professorship at Mitchell Hamline School of Law, she served as coach for the National Patent Drafting Competition for multiple years.
Education and Honors
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Associate Editor, Fordham Intellectual Property, Media, and Entertainment Law Journal
- South Dakota State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2008)
- Major: Chemistry
- New York
- South Dakota
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional and Civic Activities
- Minnesota State Bar Association, member
- South Dakota Biotech Association, board member
- Reader/Writer, board member
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, Adjunct Professor and Patent Drafting Competition Coach, 2018-2021
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2018-2020
- Patent Pro Bono Achievement Certificate, United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2019-2020