Margie Kupsik is a paralegal with over 20 years of litigation experience. Her experience includes the following:
- Served as primary litigation paralegal assisting global in-house legal counsel and business partners with the management of a large docket consisting of commercial litigation, intellectual property, construction and environmental matters.
- Responsible for coordinating with national commercial counsel for initial intake of new matters, case updates, budgets and capped fee arrangements, settlements, appeals and approval of invoices.
- Preparation of various reports to senior management and business leadership providing updates on material litigation and Sarbanes-Oxley reporting.
- Coordinated eDiscovery platform for in-house legal department, including legal holds, evidence collections, data processing, document reviews and coordination between vendors and outside counsel.
- Assisted with the separation of a legal department as part of a spin-off of a global company.
- Facilitated necessary enhancements to support the continuous improvement of litigation tools and processes with an emphasis on quality, efficiency and cost savings for global legal department.
- Case management and file organization of all litigation records including working files, pleadings, deposition transcripts, exhibits and witness files.
- Assistance with all aspects of preparing a case for trial, from the initial factual investigations through discovery, depositions and assisting at trial.
- Facilitating logistics for depositions, mediations, arbitrations and trial, including witness coordinate and preparing exhibits.
- Assisting with large scale document reviews for production and privilege and preparing and maintaining privilege logs.
Education and Honors
- Milwaukee Area Technical College (A.A.S., with high honors)
- Degree: Paralegal, ABA-approved Program.
- Stratton College (A.A., with high honors)
- Degree: Legal Office Administration