Marian LaLonde is a member of the firm’s Energy, Environment & Natural Resources Practice Group, with a particular focus in the mining industry. Her primary practice areas include real estate, public and tribal lands, natural resources, mining, environmental, energy, litigation, corporations, tax-exempt organizations, and equine law. Ms. LaLonde’s experience includes the following:
- Successful and efficient handling of complex real estate and business transactions related to the development of mineral properties, including title review and the preparation of mineral title reports, purchase and royalty agreements, land use, rights-of-way, zoning, municipal and tribal negotiations, and environmental permitting and compliance.
- Successful and efficient handling of water, solar, wind, biomass projects including siting, permitting and development on private, federal and school lands. Experience in negotiating interconnection agreements, joint ownership and development agreements, financing, purchase/sale agreements, and rights to renewable energy credits.
- Successful litigator in the areas of mineral rights, water rights, title, general commercial real estate, contracts, personal injury/wrongful death, products liability, construction, and equine law.
- Specialized skill-set in the formation and management of corporate and nonprofit entities, including managing and maintaining relationships with regulatory agencies, and formation, tax exemption, litigation, and employment matters.
- Extensive experience in commercial real estate transactions and financings, including due diligence, compliance advice, permitting, and facility siting.
- Specialized skill in equine law, which is comprised of law issues that are specific to horses and the horse business, including real estate, regulatory compliance, boarding and breeding contracts, lease and sale agreements, registration, liability waivers, and litigation.
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
- Real Estate
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- University of Arizona–James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Moot Court Competition Finalist (2005)
- Successfully lobbied the Arizona State Legislature for the Emancipation of Minors law (ARS §§ 12-2451-2456) (2005)
- Andrew Silverman Outstanding Community Service Award (2004)
- University of Arizona (B.S., 2001)
- Major: Agricultural Education
- Minor: Political Science
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Outstanding Senior
- National FFA American Degree Recipient
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2012
- Arizona Court of Appeals, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2007
Professional and Civic Activities
- Youth on Their Own (Alumnus and an Ex-officio member of the Board of Directors)
- Community Foundation for Southern Arizona (Ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees)
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (Member)
- Mining Foundation of the Southwest (Member)
- Society of Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration, Tucson Chapter (Member)
- Southern Arizona Eventing Association (President of the Board of Directors)
- United States Equestrian Federation (Member)
- United States Eventing Association (Member)
- Arabian Horse Association (Member)
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- Pima County Bar Association (Member)
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association (Member)
- Air Quality Hearing Board (AQHB) (Member)
- Selected for inclusion in Southwest Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars (2014–2017: Energy & Resources)
- Hal Israel Award for Outstanding Community Service from the Arizona State Bar Association (2011)
- Pima County Career and Technical Education Alumni Hall of Fame (2009)
- Tucson Business Edge, 40 Under 40, Woman of the Year (2008)