Matt Livesay's practice focuses on estate planning, taxation, business law, and matters involving the administration of trusts and estates. His experience includes formulating comprehensive estate plans for high net worth individuals and families; drafting wills; drafting trusts, including revocable, testamentary, dynasty, GST-planning, and special needs trusts; and other ancillary estate planning documents.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt counseled clients on matters related to estate planning, tax planning, business succession planning, and the administration of trusts and estates for high net worth individuals and families.
Matt's background, including his advanced LL.M. degree in taxation and tax specialty group role in a Big 4 accounting firm, enables him to provide clients with a unique understanding of the issues affecting their succession plans.
Born and raised in suburban Chicago (Arlington Heights), Matt is an avid Chicago sports fan.
Education and Honors
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (LL.M., 2017)
- Master of Laws in Taxation
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Florida State University (B.S., cum laude, 2010)
- Major: Accounting
Professional and Civic Activities
- The American Bar Association (Tax Section)
- The Florida Bar (Tax, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Sections)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Member)
- Tampa Bay Estate Planning Council (Member)