Michael McCanse is chair of the firm's Real Estate and Construction Litigation Group. He counsels owners and contractors on all manner of construction-related disputes, and has litigated claims involving projects of all sizes (from small residential remodels, to large commercial buildings, to master planned communities with hundreds of home sites). Mr. McCanse also routinely represents individual and corporate clients in complex business and contract disputes, and has substantial experience with alcohol beverage law, landlord-tenant actions, creditor-debtor actions, and professional liability-related actions. His recent experience includes:
- Representing one of the largest developers in the nation in various Arizona-based construction and contracting-related matters.
- Representing a national environmental, geotechnical, and civil engineering firm in various Arizona-based construction and contracting-related matters.
- Representing owners and contractors in arbitrations conducted by the American Arbitration Association pursuant to its Construction Industry Arbitration Rules.
- Serving as National Beverage Counsel to the second-largest brewer in the United States.
- Acting as national collections counsel for a large Arizona-based franchisor.
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2018)
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., 2006)
- Marquette Law Review
- Corporate Law Moot Court Team
- University of Iowa (B.A., 2002)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2006
Professional and Civic Activities
- Arizona Animal Welfare League (Volunteer)
- Arizona's Wills for Heroes (Volunteer)
- Capital School Homeroom Program (Volunteer)
- Selected for inclusion in Southwest Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars (2014–present: Business Litigation)