Michael Zeka practices in the area of real estate law, involving a wide range of practice areas. He has significant experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Representing owners and operators of skilled nursing facilities, assisted-living facilities and other senior living facilities, including large national chains in real estate-related matters of all types. Projects include representing a national owner and operator of skilled nursing and assisted living facilities in all real estate aspects involved in the spinoff of its assisted living facilities into a separate public company.
- Representing a national food distributor in the successful sale of its business, including substantial real estate holdings.
- Advising nonprofit health care providers and low-income housing operators in real estate, acquisitions, sales, and significant financing transactions. Projects include representing a community organization in obtaining substantial public financing.
- Representing landlords and tenants in lease transactions for retail, manufacturing, and distribution facilities. Among the leases he has successfully negotiated are more than 200 store leases for major national and regional food retailers and wholesalers.
Mr. Zeka also serves as chairman of the board of Hunger Task Force, Inc., a well-known regional hunger relief agency. In such capacity, Mr. Zeka represents the agency in all aspects of its operations, including several real estate transactions.
Education and Honors
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., 1984)
- Order of the Coif
- American Jurisprudence Award
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (B.A., 1982)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1984
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1984
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- American Health Lawyers Association (Member)
- Hunger Task Force, Inc. (Chairman of the Board and President)
- Fondy Food Center, Inc. (Chairman of the Board, 2001–2008)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2014–present: Real Estate)
- Named a Leader In The Law by the Wisconsin Law Journal (2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2010–present: Real Estate Law)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® list (Real Estate)