Mike Fleck is an associate in the Intellectual Property Group where he focuses on intellectual property counseling and litigation. Mike’s experience in United States federal court litigation includes preliminary injunction proceedings, Markman briefings, fact and expert discovery, summary judgment motions and pre-trial motions and filings. He is also a registered patent attorney who practices before the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
In addition, Mike has significant patent prosecution and counseling experience. He has managed global patent portfolios, drafted over 95 utility patent applications and regularly advises clients in matters related to patent infringement, patent validity and patentability. Mike also performs due diligence investigations for corporate acquisitions involving the transfer of intellectual property assets.
In his spare time, Mike enjoys golfing, traveling with his wife, and visiting his family and friends in Georgia and Florida.
Education and Honors
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- DePaul Law Review (Member)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Legal Profession (May 2010)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Trial Advocacy II (May 2011)
- North Carolina State University (B.S.M.E., magna cum laude, 2007)
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional and Civic Activities
- Judicial Extern for Justice Rodolfo Garcia, Illinois Appellate Court, First District, Sixth Division, Chicago, IL (January – May 2011)
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars Edition (2015-present: Intellectual Property)