Michael Templeton is a member of the Intellectual Property Practice Group and specializes in patent prosecution and counseling.
Michael's technical experience is in the mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electrical arts. He has experience prosecuting patent portfolios in a broad range of industries, including lighting systems, sensor systems, wireless communication systems, autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, consumer appliances, medical devices, and surgical instruments.
Prior to entering the legal field, Michael gained industry experience as an engineer for a vehicle original equipment manufacturer and a tier one automotive supplier. In these positions, he designed and manufactured vehicle cockpit modules and vehicle driveline components.
Education and Honors
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- Giles Rich Patent Moot Court, National Finalist
- Oakland University (B.S., 2010)
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Men's Swimming and Diving Team
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Coach, Michigan State College of Law, USPTO International Patent Drafting Competition
- Coach, Michigan State College of Law, Giles Rich Patent Moot Court
- Coach, VEX Robotics Competition