Mike Carwin is a member of the Intellectual Property Group with a focus on patent, trademark, and copyright litigation.
Mike focuses on complex intellectual property matters in federal trial and appellate courts throughout the United States. His practice encompasses many areas of complex civil litigation including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and antitrust issues. Mike's notable experience includes second chairing and winning a two-week trademark infringement jury trial in New York federal court, successfully defending the client against a $160 million damages demand.
Mike is also a patent attorney, and he represents clients in diverse technical fields, ranging from biotechnology and complex mechanical devices to computer software and hardware. His practice encompasses post-grant proceedings and inter partes review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
Admitted in California and Missouri only.
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- Trademark Litigation
- Inter Partes Review Proceedings
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
Education and Honors
- Southwestern Law School (J.D., 2015)
- Octa-Final Oralist; Moot Court Competition, 2013
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A., 2010)
- Majors: Molecular & Cell Biology
- Director of Health Services; ASUC, Office of the President
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional and Civic Activities
- United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara (Board Member)