Quarles Creates Corporate Transparency Act Resource Center
The Corporate Transparency Act (CTA), effective January 1, 2024, requires certain entities to file reports with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) of the Department of Treasury that identify two categories of individuals: the beneficial owners of the entity, and individuals who have filed an application with specified governmental authorities to create the entity or register it to do business.
The CTA is effective as of January 1, 2024. Companies in existence prior to that date have until December 31, 2024, to make their registration. Companies established after that date have 90 days after they are created to register.
Following are some of the government resources that are available to help determine whether an entity falls under the parameters of the act, and the beneficial ownership reporting requirements.
- Corporate Transparency Act - H.R. 6395 - 1217
- Beneficial Ownership Final Rule
- News Release: “FinCEN Finalizes Rule on Use of FinCEN Identifiers in Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting”
- DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY, Agency Information Collection Activities; Submission for OMB Review; FinCEN Identifier Application DRAFT
- Use of FinCEN Identifiers for Reporting Beneficial Ownership Information of Entities – 31 CFR Part 1010
- FinCEN’s Small Entity Compliance Guide
More information can be found on FinCEN’s Beneficial Ownership Information website - https://www.fincen.gov/boi
Disclaimer: The information presented on Quarles.com (“Site”) is provided by Quarles as a courtesy and for informational and marketing purposes. The Site does not provide legal advice and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice. By accessing this information, you assume full responsibility for the use of the information and understand and agree that Quarles is not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use of the information. Your access to or use of the information on this website does not create or establish an attorney-client relationship between you and Quarles or any of our individual lawyers.