Web Analytics

Oklahoma Will Require Nonresident Pharmacy to Have an Oklahoma-Licensed Pharmacist-in-Charge


Effective November 1, 2015, Oklahoma will join a growing list of states that require nonresident pharmacies to have a pharmacist licensed by that nonresident state as the pharmacist-in-charge for that permit (SB 787). The good news is that Oklahoma accepts reciprocity of an original pharmacist license from all states that accept reciprocal licenses from Oklahoma, and all states except California are on that list.

While you are reviewing your pharmacists' licenses to see who you can identify to serve in this role, take a look at your policies and procedures. The same bill requires you to have a written drug diversion and prevention policy. The bill also makes some general changes to bring it in compliance with the federal Drug Quality and Security Act and creates an outsourcing facility permit. Along the lines of the requirement above, the outsourcing facility must also have a pharmacist-in-charge who holds an Oklahoma license.

Please reach out to Susan Brichler Trujillo at (602) 229-5318/susan.trujillo@quarles.com or Roger Morris at (602) 229-5269/roger.morris@quarles.com with any questions.

Follow Quarles

Subscribe Media Contact
Back to Main Content

We use cookies to provide you with the best user experience on our website and to analyze statistics related to our website. To understand more about how we use cookies, or for instructions to change your preference and browser settings, please see our Privacy Notice. Please note that if you choose to reject cookies, doing so may impair some of our website's functionality.