Nicholas Childs is an associate in the firm's Real Estate Practice Group. He assists clients with acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, and general real estate legal services.
Nicholas has experience researching federal cases regarding financial regulation in the derivatives markets and violations of the Commodities Exchange Act. He has worked with Honorable Charles P. Kocoras of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois where he researched federal case law regarding employment discrimination, jurisdictional issues, and other federal statutes. He's also drafted several opinions and legal memoranda and verified case law and statutes cited in briefs filed in court.
Education and Honors
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 2018)
- Dean’s List
- Land Use Real Estate Law Society, Vice President
- CALI Award for highest grade in Commercial Real Estate Transactions (Spring 2017)
- Lake Forest College (B.A., 2014)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Illinois Real Estate Broker