Nicole Renouard uses the unique combination of leading a non-profit law firm and her years in private practice to formulate legal solutions that meet the business goals of her clients.
As a member of the Intellectual Property group, Nicole helps clients identify, protect, and promote their brands in the United States and globally in a wide variety of industries. With nearly two decades of experience, Nicole provides practical advice in establishing and maintaining her clients' IP assets.
Nicole is active in the local nonprofit community and has served in various capacities as an advocate, board member and volunteer.
- Managed domestic and international trademark and copyright portfolios from initial product name ideas to registration for a variety of companies, including start-ups and global entities
- Conducted clearance investigations and developed risk assessments in adopting new trademarks and marketing strategies
- Handled trademark, copyright and domain name infringement enforcement actions and strategies, and assisted in litigation matters in courts and before the Trademark Trial & Appeal Board
- Drafted and negotiated various intellectual property, software and Internet agreements, as well as IP provisions in large corporate transactions
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2000)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 1996)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association, member
- Licensing Executive Society, past chair of Wisconsin chapter
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association, member
- University of Notre Dame Alumni Club of Milwaukee, past president & board member
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, Grateful Plate committee member
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County, board member, co-chair of Education Advisory Committee, 2001-2016
- St. Monica School, volunteer and leadership positions (2010–present)