P. Robert Moya's practice focused on middle-market and emerging entrepreneurial and growth companies. He had extensive experience with organizations involved in technology, education, software, distribution, and hospitality. Mr. Moya handled numerous transactions in the following areas:
- Public and private offerings of equity and debt.
- Mergers, acquisitions, and sales of businesses involving public and private companies.
- SEC reporting and compliance.
- Strategic alliances.
- International transactions.
Education and Honors
- Stanford Law School (J.D., 1969)
- Princeton University (A.B., 1966)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1973
Professional and Civic Activities
- 2007–2010 Apollo Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: APOL), Executive Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary; Member of Executive Committee
- 2002–2004 Insight Enterprises, Inc. (Nasdaq: NSIT), Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer, General Counsel, and Secretary
- 2005–2009 InPlay Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:NPLA), Member of Board of Directors; also served on Audit and Compensation Committees and Chaired Nominating and Governance Committee
- 2003–2007 Plusnet plc (AIM of London Stock Exchange: PNT), served on Audit and Nominating Committees, Chaired Compensation Committee, Member of Board of Directors
- 2000–2005 BIGeRealestate, Inc. (RE software and services company half-owned by Cushman & Wakefield); chaired CEO Search Committee, Member of Board of Directors
- 1999–2000 Homebid.com (venture-backed internet home seller), Member of Board of Directors
- 1982–1987 Bobby McGee's USA, Inc. (regional theme restaurant chain), Member of Board of Directors
- State Bar of Arizona (Member, Securities Regulation Committee, 1973-1983; Member, 1983- and Chairman, 1984-1986, Securities Law Section; Member, 1996- and Chairman, 1998-99, Law Practice Management Section)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- Arizona Corporation Commission Stock Exchange Advisory Council (Member, 1991)
- Hispanic National Bar Association (Member)
- Los Abogados/Hispanic Bar Association (Member)
- Enterprise Network, Inc. (President, 1991-1992)
- Director, President of operating corporation and nonprofit affiliate, Governor's Strategic Partnership for Economic Development
- Councilman, 1980-1982, Town of Paradise Valley, Arizona
- Member, 1976-1980, PV Board of Adjustment, Chairman 1978-1980
- Instructor, Arizona State University School of Law
- Chair, GSPED Capital Resources Foundation
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in the West
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (1987–present: Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law)
- Recognized as Best Lawyers® 2010 Phoenix Corporate Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Recognized as Best Lawyers® 2013 Phoenix Mergers & Acquisitions Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in Chambers USA (2003–2007: Corporate/M&A)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2007–2016 Southwest Super Lawyers® lists (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Best of the Bar – Securities and Corporate, Phoenix Business Journal (2004)