Parwana Noorzad is a member of the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group, where she represents domestic and international companies and individuals in commercial, civil and criminal litigation matters. She focuses her practice on solving her clients' litigation challenges, including pre-suit negotiations and alternative dispute resolution. Parwana defends companies and individuals before licensing boards, and in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
In addition to her general civil and criminal litigation practice, Parwana serves as national counsel for a major engine manufacturer in mass tort litigation. As national counsel, she helps manage a national caseload of approximately 1300 cases, which includes: managing local counsel in 28 states and an internal team of five; issuing and answering discovery; assessing, retaining and developing experts; presenting the client’s corporate representative for depositions and coordinating the defense of the litigation with the client and its insurance provider; crafting strategic motion practice strategies based on local customs and legal nuances; and monitoring regulatory and legislative bodies to advise client on relevant changes and developments.
Parwana’s recent experience includes:
- Successfully obtaining dismissals for manufacturing clients through strategic motion practice in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Successfully obtaining a dismissal for a client in major felony federal prosecution matter.
- Successfully obtained dismissals for clients in misdemeanor and minor felony state prosecution matters throughout Indiana.
- Successfully obtaining expungements for clients with major felony criminal histories in courts throughout Indiana.
- Successfully obtaining favorable judgments for clients in commercial collection and foreclosure actions and defending clients against counterclaims filed by borrowers and guarantors.
- Representation of a manufacturing company in defending against allegations of breach of distribution agreement.
- Successfully obtained dismissal on personal jurisdiction grounds for a foreign manufacturing client, which distributes products in the United States, in a product liability action in U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana.
Prior to joining the firm, Parwana was a Deputy Prosecutor for the Marion County Prosecutor's Office, Special Victim’s Unit, where she prosecuted more than one hundred major felony cases from inception to resolution. She coordinated investigation, prepared witnesses for trial, negotiated plea agreements, and first and second chaired more than forty jury and bench trials. This background provides Parwana with invaluable litigation experience.
As a former Special Victim’s Unit Prosecutor, Parwana is very passionate about helping victims of sexual and domestic violence. She is an active board member of various organizations that offer assistance to those victims, and regularly takes pro bono cases to aid women and children who have been impacted by sexual and domestic violence.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Indiana University – Bloomington (B.A., with high distinction, 2007)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member)
- Indianapolis Legacy House (Member of the Executive Board of Directors and Treasurer)
- Indianapolis Legal Aid Society (Member of the Board of Director)
- DRI – Women in the Law (Social Media Sub-Committee Vice Chair and Philanthropic Committee Member)
- Sigma Lambda Gamma Multi-Cultural Sorority (Member)
- Indiana Super Lawyers - Rising Star (2018-present)
- America’s Top 100 Defense Attorneys (2018)