Parwana Noorzad is a member of the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in product liability litigation. Parwana’s experience includes defending domestic and international companies in litigation involving product liability claims, as well as complex and mass toxic tort claims. Parwana serves as national counsel for a major engine manufacturer in mass tort litigation. In addition to her civil practice, Parwana has also defended individuals and companies in a variety of criminal actions. She has represented clients in both state and federal courts throughout the United States and before licensing boards.
Parwana’s recent experience includes:
- Successfully obtaining dismissals for manufacturing clients through strategic motion practice in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Successfully obtaining a dismissal for a client in major felony federal prosecution matter.
- Successfully obtained dismissals for clients in misdemeanor and minor felony state prosecution matters throughout Indiana.
- Successfully obtaining expungements for clients with major felony criminal histories in courts throughout Indiana.
- Successfully obtaining favorable judgments for clients in commercial collection and foreclosure actions and defending clients against counterclaims filed by borrowers and guarantors.
- Representation of a manufacturing company in defending against allegations of breach of distribution agreement.
- Successfully obtained dismissal on personal jurisdiction grounds for a foreign manufacturing client, which distributes products in the United States, in a product liability action in U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana.
Prior to joining the firm, Parwana was a Deputy Prosecutor for the Marion County Prosecutor's Office, Special Victim’s Unit, where she prosecuted more than one hundred major felony cases from inception to resolution. She coordinated investigation, prepared witnesses for trial, negotiated plea agreements, and first and second chaired more than forty jury and bench trials. This background provides Parwana with invaluable litigation experience.
As a former Special Victim’s Unit Prosecutor, Parwana is very passionate about helping victims of sexual and domestic violence. She is an active board member of various organizations that offer assistance to those victims, and regularly takes pro bono cases to aid women and children who have been impacted by sexual and domestic violence.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Indiana University – Bloomington (B.A., with high distinction, 2007)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member)
- Indianapolis Legacy House (Member of the Executive Board of Directors and Treasurer)
- Indianapolis Legal Aid Society (Member of the Board of Director)
- DRI – Women in the Law (Social Media Sub-Committee Vice Chair and Philanthropic Committee Member)
- Sigma Lambda Gamma Multi-Cultural Sorority (Member)
- Indiana Super Lawyers - Rising Star (2018-present)
- America’s Top 100 Defense Attorneys (2018)