Parwana Noorzad is an experienced litigator who concentrates her practice in product liability litigation. Parwana represents domestic and international manufacturing clients, including drug and device manufacturers and manufacturers in the automotive industry, in state and federal courts across the United States. Her representation ranges from single-plaintiff cases to mass-tort litigation.
Parwana represents multinational and Fortune 500 clients in complex litigation. Her experience includes: acting as National Coordinating Counsel, managing cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, formulating defense strategies, preparing experts, taking and defending depositions; drafting dispositive motions; structuring and negotiating settlements, supervising local counsel; representing clients in oral arguments, hearings, settlement conferences, mediations and informal negotiations, and advising clients of regulatory developments.
Prior to joining the firm, Parwana was a Deputy Prosecutor for the Marion County Prosecutor's Office, Special Victim’s Unit, where she prosecuted more than one hundred major felony cases from inception to resolution. She coordinated investigation, prepared witnesses for trial, negotiated plea agreements, and first and second chaired more than forty jury and bench trials. This background provides Parwana with invaluable litigation experience.
As a former Special Victim’s Unit Prosecutor, Parwana is passionate about helping victims of sexual and domestic violence. She is an active board member of various organizations that offer assistance to those victims, and regularly takes pro bono cases to aid women and children who have been impacted by sexual and domestic violence.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Indiana University – Bloomington (B.A., with high distinction, 2007)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, member
- Indiana State Bar Association, member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, member
- Indianapolis Legacy House, member of the executive board of directors and treasurer
- Indianapolis Legal Aid Society, member of the board of directors and secretary
- DRI – Women in the Law (social media sub-committee vice chair and philanthropic committee member)
- Sigma Lambda Gamma Multi-Cultural Sorority, member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, member
- Indiana Super Lawyers - Rising Star (2018-present)
- America’s Top 100 Defense Attorneys (2018)