Pat Goebel is a partner in the Business Law Practice Group. Pat focuses his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, and general business and corporate matters. His practice includes an emphasis on the representation of privately held businesses in legal, financial, and business matters. His experience includes
- Representing both buyers and sellers, strategic and financial, in over 150 successful stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures and venture capital transactions throughout the United States.
- Representing a large, privately held Midwestern manufacturer in its acquisition and divestiture program involving over 30 separate transactions.
- Representing the ownership group in the sale to a strategic buyer of a leading supplier of natural smoke flavors and savory grill flavors serving meat, culinary and food industry markets worldwide.
- Representing a large, privately held Midwestern manufacturer in its purchase of the premier global manufacturer of highly-engineered continuous cast iron bar products.
- Representing the ownership group in the sale to a private equity firm of a leading manufacturer of premium de-inked recycled pulp using post-consumer waste.
- Representing the seller of a multibillion-dollar foodservice business in the sale of that business to a privately held buyer.
- Representing the seller of a multibillion-dollar food wholesale business in the sale of that business to a strategic buyer.
- Representing the family ownership group in the sale of one of the largest privately held foundry businesses in the United States.
- Regularly advising privately held and family businesses and their owners with respect to general business and commercial matters, succession planning, estate and financial planning matters, and taxation.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education and Honors
- Ohio State University–Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1977)
- Order of the Coif
- Note and Comment Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (B.B.A., 1974)
- Beta Gamma Sigma
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member: Business Law and Taxation Sections)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2007–present: Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law)
- Named a Leader In The Law by the Wisconsin Law Journal (2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated