Patrick J. Schoen concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial and post-judgment collections, consumer litigation, including evictions and foreclosures, and creditor's rights/bankruptcy. Mr. Schoen has done substantial legal work for Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity, Inc., and is active in the Milwaukee Bar Association. His experience includes:
- Recovery of over a million dollars from an individual under a personal guaranty through garnishment and receivership actions.
- Garnishment of over $200,000.00 to recover the balance due under a commercial judgment.
- Representation of a case to the Wisconsin Supreme Court involving the interpretation of Section 806.19(4), Stats.
- Defense of an individual sued for a tax obligation of his employer by the Ohio Department of Taxation in the Wisconsin Court of Appeals resulting in a reversal of trial court judgment on issue of jurisdiction, dismissal of the Judgment and a withdrawal by the Ohio Department of Taxation of its Judgment in Ohio.
- Successful 7 day jury trial in the action of a small subcontractor against a large general contractor.
- Several successful fraudulent conveyance actions under Chapter 242.
- Representation of several landlords in the enforcement of leases in Federal Bankruptcy Court.
- Chairman of the Milwaukee Bar Association Court's Committee continuously from 1999 through 2015.
- Successfully defended general contractor under the Economic Loss Doctrine against claims of 36 homeowners alleging defective roof installation.
- Mr. Schoen has also been a member of the Trust and Estates group at Quarles & Brady since 1987 and has handled various probate matters.
- Named Volunteer of the Year by Quarles & Brady (December 2013).
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1975)
- Marquette University (B.S.M.E., cum laude, 1972)
- Tau Beta Pi. Pi Tau Sigma. Delta Theta Phi.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1975
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member, Chair Courts Committee; Past Member, Blood Bank Committee)
- American Bar Association (Member, Litigation, Real Property Probate and Trust Sections)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity 2015 Humanitarian Award
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2013, 2015)
- Received Milwaukee Bar Association Distinguished Service Award for work as Chair of the Courts Committee relating to 2006 Budget for the Milwaukee Circuit Courts
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Top Rated Debtor Creditor Attorney by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell in 2012