Patrick Proctor-Brown is a member of the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
His practice includes a variety of subjects in general civil and commercial litigation with a recent focus on public utility regulation matters, insurance coverage work on behalf of policyholders, and professional malpractice litigation, franchise litigation, in addition to litigating complex disputes between businesses. Recent matters include:
- Defending a major Milwaukee manufacturer against a contract claim alleging a breach of the duty of good faith and fair dealing which resulted in a favorable settlement during jury deliberations;
- Defending a major international law firm against a nine figure charge of patent prosecution malpractice;
- Various coverage disputes, including CGL policies and professional services policies on behalf of policyholders, including coverage for construction defects and faulty workmanship; and
- Seeking regulatory approval of multi-million dollar utility transactions.
He is also involved in multiple pro bono commitments, including criminal appellate work, the Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic, and domestic abuse and truancy prevention.
As a dual degree candidate at the University of Wisconsin, Patrick prepared a cost-benefit analysis for the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin, completed a capstone report on public participation for Madison Metro Transit, and interned with Judge Lynn Adelman of the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Patrick served as an Infantry Platoon Leader with the Wisconsin Army National Guard and is now a Captain in the Army Reserves. While with the Wisconsin National Guard, he was deployed to Camp Bucca, Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. For his service overseas Patrick was awarded the Bronze Star Medal.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Professional Liability
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Franchise & Distribution
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- University of Wisconsin Robert M. La Follette School of Public Affairs (M.P.A., 2015)
- Norwich University (M.A., 2012)
- University of Wisconsin (B.S., 2007)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin