Paul Tilleman is a partner in the firm's Estate, Trust & Wealth Preservation Practice Group. He is also a former member of the firm's Executive Committee and is the firm's technology partner. Paul has extensive experience in:
- Creating tax-efficient general estate plans and preparing wills, trusts, marital agreements, and powers of attorney to carry them out.
- Implementing sophisticated gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning techniques to minimize the impact of taxes on transfers of wealth from generation to generation.
- Counseling owners of family and closely held businesses on succession planning and ownership structures designed to facilitate gift and estate planning transfers.
- Administering estates and trusts and advising personal representatives and trustees on fiduciary duties and income tax and accounting matters.
- Preparing and defending on audit federal and state estate tax, gift tax, and fiduciary income tax returns.
- Establishing and operating private foundations and donor-advised funds.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1978)
- Order of the Coif
- Wisconsin Law Review (Note and Comment Editor)
- University of Wisconsin (B.S., 1974)
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Associations (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (Fellow)
- Family Service of Milwaukee (Fellow)
- Milwaukee Mandolin Orchestra (Member)
- Milwaukee Mental Health Consultants (Former President and Board Member)
- Children's Outing Association (Former Board Member)
- Ko Thi Dance Company (Former Board Member)
- Milwaukee Artists Foundation (Former Board Member)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2005–present Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Estate Planning & Probate)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (1993–present: Trusts and Estates)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated