Builder and advisor on intellectual property needs
Garrett Hutchinson works with clients to build and maintain their intellectual property (IP) portfolios, including advising on and handling trademark and copyright registrations, and monitoring, pursuing and settling unauthorized uses of client property. He drafts and administers IP licenses for clients and assists in preparing valuation reports for tax purposes, assessing civil damages and transactional purposes. Garrett also advises on corporate compliance and other general legal matters, including the handling of novel issues emerging during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Garrett infuses his trademark practice with the valuable perspective and practical experience gained as in-house counsel at a leading IP management firm.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Sports & Entertainment Section (Executive Committee Member)
News & Insights
- Presentation“Shark Tank: Considerations for Innovators Commercializing Products”The S. Jay Plager Intellectual Property American Inn of Court (“Plager Inn”) monthly meeting
- Article“What’s in a Name, Likeness, and Image? The Case For a Federal Right of Publicity Law”Landslide Magazine
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (J.D., cum laude, 2019)
- Indiana Journal of Law and Social Equality, managing editor
- Butler University (B.A., 2016)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana