Commercial and residential real estate resolutions for a variety of clients
Amanda Barritt advises on transactional real estate law, focusing on complex commercial real estate transactions, real estate development, residential and commercial community associations, and title matters. She helps her clients with acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, creation of community associations and related development documentation, reciprocal use agreements and covenant enforcement, interpretation and amendments. Her clients include:
- Developers and builders
- Commercial landlords and tenants
- Residential and commercial condominium and property owners’ associations
- Nonprofit social and recreational clubs
- Individual property owners
Clients come to Amanda for her experience in addressing creative development structures, such as the use of land condominiums to address construction financing challenges. She provides practical advice to her clients to achieve their goals, from buying, selling or leasing real estate, to problem-solving a community’s operational issues.
Amanda is Florida Bar Board Certified in Condominium & Planned Development Law and served as chair of her previous firm’s Real Estate Department and Condominium and Homeowners’ Associations Practice Group.
Experience in Action
- Advises developers of commercial multi-tract developments in the platting process and the creation of property owners’ association documents to facilitate the continual maintenance of shared facilities.
- Negotiates and drafts sales agreements for multi-million-dollar sales of vacant land, medical, office and retail parcels.
- Creates exclusive use restrictions as required by national commercial tenants and landlords.
- Represents developers of multi-phase residential condominium projects from the drafting and filing of the documents through the sales and closings of units, and operation of the condominium association through turnover of control to the unit owners.
- Counsels homeowners’ and condominium associations regarding document interpretation and amendments, covenant enforcement, and various issues arising out of the operation and maintenance of such communities.
- Represented a nonprofit corporation in the development of a medical office and retail subdivision from the inception. This included the creation of a commercial property owners’ association for the perpetual maintenance of the shared infrastructure, through the negotiation and closing of the sale of all the parcels.
- Represented a first-time investor in office and retail buildings with respect to the acquisition of the multi-million-dollar portfolio by negotiating the contract, and providing due diligence, survey and title review. Also responsible for the ongoing representation of the client with respect to lease negation and landlord issues.
- Represented the developer of a retail development in the negotiation of the property owners’ association documents, including exclusive use restrictions between five national tenants.
- Represented a commercial property owners’ association with many national owners and tenants with respect to traffic issues, enforcement issues and the evaluation of potential new businesses with respect to the use restrictions and association authority.
- Florida Trend Magazine “Legal Elite” (2018)
- Naples Illustrated Magazine “Top Lawyers” (2019-2022)
- Florida Super Lawyers® (2020-2023: Real Estate Law)
- Best Lawyers in America® (2020-2023)
- Best Lawyers in America® "Lawyer of the Year" (2022: Community Association Law; 2023-2024: Real Estate Law)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Florida Bar Real Property Probate & Trust Section, Condominium and Planned Development Committee section, member
- Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties, board of directors
- United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades and Okeechobee Counties, member of allocations team
- Board Certified in Condominium & Planned Development Law
News & Insights
- News Release
- Article“Amanda K. Barritt of Esquire Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt: ‘Be a problem-solver, not an impediment to getting a transaction closed’”Thrive Global
- Article“Women Leaders of Real Estate: Amanda K. Barritt of Esquire Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt on The 5 Things You Need to Succeed in The Real Estate Industry”Authority Magazine
- Florida State University (J.D., cum laude)
- Florida State University Law Review, administrative editor
- Auburn University (B.I.D., cum laude)