Multidimensional employment and immigration counsel
Amanda Collins advises employers and human resources professionals on a broad range of labor and employment and immigration issues, including compliance with applicable laws and regulations, employee conduct issues, and labor and employment disputes. She works with a wide variety of clients ranging in size from startup to Fortune 500, and across multiple industries, including health care, manufacturing, financial, educational, energy, nonprofit and more. Amanda’s practice includes:
- Preparing and negotiating employment contracts and agreements.
- Reviewing internal policies and procedures.
- Representing employers in discrimination, whistleblower and wage & hour disputes.
- Counseling regarding traditional labor law compliance.
By leveraging her knowledge of industries and businesses, and actively tracking key legal developments, she delivers efficient and tailored guidance that takes into account the unique needs of each particular client.
Experience in Action
- Handles issues involving Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and other federal, state and local fair employment and anti-discrimination laws.
- Represents clients in claims and investigations before the EEOC, the Wisconsin Equal Rights Division and other federal and state agencies.
- Counsels employers on immigration issues, including nonimmigrant visas, immigrant visas and employment eligibility verification (Form I-9) compliance.
- Guides employers through DOJ investigations of immigration and national origin discrimination under the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- Advises clients on navigating the impacts of COVID-19 on their business operations and employees.
- Provides guidance on remote workforce policies, procedures and training; ADA accommodations; FMLA coverage for remote employees; and vaccination policies.
- Successfully defended several claims of religious discrimination, both at the state and federal level, brought against employers’ lawful mandatory vaccination policies.
- Advised client through immigration-related government investigation, resulting in favorable settlement terms.
- Counseled numerous clients on navigating rapidly evolving changes and guidelines throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch," (2023: Litigation-Labor and Employment)
Professional & Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin, member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, member
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association, member
- Association of Women Lawyers, member
- Children's Hospital Guardianship Pro Bono Clinic, volunteer
News & Insights
- News Release
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2021)
- CALI Awards: Criminal Law; Property; Legal Analysis, Writing and Research II; Civil Pretrial Practice
- Pro Bono Honor Society
- Marquette Law Review, Senior Articles Editor, 2020-2021
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (M.M, summa cum laude, 2017)
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (B.A., summa cum laude, 2015)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska