Private equity counsel across varied industries
Amanda Leese primarily helps private companies and firms in the formation and management of investment vehicles. She also counsels private sponsors in secondary transactions and advises clients on strategic transactions such as direct investments, co-investments, joint ventures, acquisitions and divestitures. Amanda has handled capital raises ranging from less than $500 million to more than $5 billion, and other strategic transactions ranging from $10 million to more than $4 billion, across diverse industries that include:
- Renewable energy
- Financial services
In addition to previous experience with global law firms in Chicago and Boston, Amanda was a special assistant for policy and projects in the office of U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen, a supply chain analyst for the Clinton Health Access Initiative at The Clinton Foundation and a research analyst for the Corporate Strategy Board at The Corporate Executive Board.
Admitted in Massachusetts and Illinois. Not admitted in Washington D.C.
Formations and Capital Raises
- Led first-time fundraises for private equity sponsors with hard caps ranging from $400 million to $750 million.
- Managed fundraise for an established private equity sponsor with a hard cap over $3.5 billion.
- Counseled on the formation of a startup company and subsequent fundraising series and technology transfers.
Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Aided in sale of a media company ($1.7 billion-plus).
- Guided client on acquisition of an aerospace component manufacturer ($360 million-plus).
- Assisted with sale of a biomedical device manufacturer ($2.7 billion).
- Counseled on acquisition of a discount retailer ($165 million-plus).
- Oversaw initial and add-on acquisitions of a technology company ($21 million-plus).
- Association of Securities & Exchange Commission Alumni Award (2012-2013)
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, member
News & Insights
- Johns Hopkins University (B.A., cum laude)
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Illinois (Inactive)