Varied business law and data privacy guidance
Ami Zaveri advises clients on an array of business law and data privacy matters. She has significant experience negotiating and structuring complex procurement and commercial transactions, driving contract process improvement and working on data privacy and compliance matters implicating global and domestic privacy laws such as GDPR, CCPA, PDPA, PIPEDA and HIPAA. Her clients include:
- Fortune 500 companies
- Global corporate clients
- Privately held businesses in a variety of industries, including health care, technology, mining and agriculture
Previously, Ami served as in-house counsel for a privately held health care solutions and revenue cycle management company, where she gained experience with business entity formation and federal and state regulatory matters related to HIPAA, ERISA, anti-kickback statutes and physician self-referral statutes.
Experience in Action
- Counsels on matters related to technology agreements, software licensing, SaaS, IaaS, EULAs, business and technology outsourcing, professional services, proof of concepts, joint development and related intellectual property matters, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Drafts and negotiates data privacy and security-related agreements.
- Guides clients on data protection strategies.
- Assists clients in developing and implementing privacy and security policies.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Arizona Bar Association, member
- American Bar Association, member
- Judicial law clerk, Massachusetts Superior Court, 2012-2013
- Judicial internship, Honorable Robert B. Collings, Federal Magistrate Judge in Boston, Massachusetts, 2011
News & Insights
- New England Law Boston (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- CALI Awards: Constitutional Law & Wills, Estates & Trusts
- New England Law Review, comment and note editor
- Indiana University Bloomington (B.A., 2004)