Immigration counsel for a broad range of industries
Angela O'Brien provides advice and counsel on immigration matters for clients in a variety of industries and business sectors. Her experience includes assessing and preparing nonimmigrant visas, permanent resident and citizenship applications and Labor Certification (PERM) applications, as well as preparing individuals for visa interviews at U.S. consulates worldwide.
Prior to joining the firm, Angela served the greater Madison area as a volunteer attorney for the Community Immigration Law Center, where she prepared defensive asylum applications. She also worked as a clinical law student for the Immigrant Justice Clinic at the University of Wisconsin Law School, where she represented noncitizens in removal proceedings.
Experience in Action
- Applies for National Interest Exception waivers for individuals subject to the COVID-19 travel restrictions of Presidential Proclamations 9984 (China), 9992 (Iran), 10143 (Schengen Area, UK, Ireland, Brazil, South Africa) and 10199 (India).
- Maintains routine correspondence with individuals and client representatives regarding requirements, timelines and expectations.
News & Insights
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- Dean's Academic Achievement Award
- Wisconsin Law Review, note and comment editor
- Moot Court Board Member - Mathys Memorial Appellate Advocacy Award for Best Oralist and Best Coach
- Dane County Bar Association Law Student Pro Bono Award
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (B.A., summa cum laude, 2015)
- Majors: International Studies and Criminal Justice