General real estate counsel
Apallonia Wilhelm counsels clients in a variety of real estate matters, including, purchase and sale transactions, sale-leaseback transactions, land use disputes, M&A transactions, renewable energy projects, multifaceted land use entitlements and complex commercial leasing.
Before joining Quarles, Apallonia was a law clerk at Northwestern Mutual and served as a volunteer at the Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic.
Experience in Action
- Represents buyers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of office buildings, hotels, apartment buildings, senior living communities, industrial buildings, multi-use buildings and vacant land.
- Advises corporate clients on purchases, sales, leasing and other issues related to their real estate portfolios.
- Advises trust and estate clients on effectively and efficiently administering real estate trust assets.
- Advised on the real estate transactional work related to the establishment of several solar and wind farms in Wisconsin, including, negotiating site control documents, reviewing and resolving complex title and survey issues; and performing other applicable real estate due diligence.
- Counseled several clients through the complex real estate due diligence associated with acquiring several hydro-electric dam project sites in Wisconsin, including, advising on title and survey issues, applicable and necessary easement interests, and complex land use disputes.
- Assisted a client through the acquisition of dozens of residential lots for assemblage of a school over the course of five years including, navigating intricate title and survey matters and navigating the necessary relationship with local municipalities.
- Counselled a big-box retailer in the acquisition of numerous parcels of real property and the development of several large retail stores as well as the successful sale and leaseback of such developed retail store parcels.
- Assisted a non-profit group, pro bono, in the acquisition of a 120,000 square foot office and warehouse building in West Milwaukee.
- Reviewed and advised on complex title and survey matters for a large investor’s acquisition of multi-family apartments nationwide.
News & Insights
- Article"Sharing is Caring: Regulating Rather Than Prohibiting Home Sharing in Wisconsin"101 Marq. L. Rev. 821 (2018)
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2018)
- Marquette Law Review, managing editor
- Gold Quill Award for the outstanding student-written article
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (B.A., 2011)
- Political Science