Guidance on health care transactions, regulation and compliance
Bailey Walden helps clients with health care transactions and regulatory and compliance matters. Her experience includes telemedicine regulations, corrective action and peer review, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), federal and state pharmaceutical laws and regulations, Medicare conditions of participation and issues related to COVID-19. Bailey’s clients include:
- Hospitals and hospital systems
- Prescription drug distributors
Experience in Action
- Advises on provider licensure and credentialing, including disaster and emergency practitioner privileging in light of COVID-19.
- Handles Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) blanket waivers for hospitals, critical access hospitals and health systems, including but not limited to telehealth, EMTALA and privileging waivers.
- Counsels on provisions of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act and Families First Response Act (FFRCA) that impact hospitals and health systems.
- Guides clients on DEA requirements for controlled substance distribution and prescription dispensing.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission Accreditation Standards.
- Successfully negotiated the regulatory portions of multiple purchase agreements involving behavioral health and rehabilitation facilities.
- Managed multi-state regulatory filings and approvals required for internal business reorganizations.
- Successfully represented multiple health care professionals in front of state licensing boards in disciplinary action investigations and hearings, including physical therapy boards, medical boards, nursing boards and pharmacy boards.
Professional & Civic Activities
- State of Wisconsin's Physical Therapy Examining Board
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American Health Law Association (Member)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association (Member)
- Health Care Compliance Association (Member)
News & Insights
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Wisconsin Women's Law Association (Member)
- UW Health Law Students Association (Member)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2013)
- Phi Beta Kappa