Ensuring regulatory compliance for pharmaceutical industry clients
Benjamin Lockwood counsels clients on a wide variety of legal matters for health care clients, including many pharmaceutical industry clients such as:
- Other related entities
Benjamin provides strategic counsel in three primary areas: ensuring compliance with HIPAA and other data privacy and security regulations; advising clients on various Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, with a specific focus on drug and device advertising compliance; and counseling health care clients on nationwide licensing and permitting requirements.
Experience in Action
- Drafts and revises HIPAA business associate agreements and notices of privacy practices.
- Assists clients who have been affected by data breaches with investigations, incident responses and notifications to individuals and regulators.
- Advises clients on health-related data privacy and security laws, including HIPAA and its related implementing regulations, 42 CFR Part 2 (Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Records), state data breach laws and state laws governing the confidentiality of medical records.
- Counsels clients on drug advertising claims to ensure compliance with FDA regulations and case law, as well as state laws governing health care-related advertising.
- Assists clients with nationwide licensing requirements by researching matters pertaining to licensure; preparing, reviewing and submitting license applications; and communicating with regulatory agencies to ensure licensing success.
- Reviews employment agreements for health care professionals, including physicians and dentists to assess contracts and shareholder agreements, explain provisions and identify areas of concern, and negotiate on behalf of clients to attain optimal results.
News & Insights
- Blog - To Be Or Not To 340B
- Other Media
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2019)
- L. Edward Bryant, Jr. National Health Law Transactional Moot Court Competition (competitor)
- Duberstein (Bankruptcy Law) Moot Court Competition (coach)
- Marquette University (B.A., cum laude, 2016)