Employment Law Counsel
Bernadette Bantly has successfully navigated complex legal matters across all areas of employment and labor law. She has made a significant impact on countless individuals and organizations throughout her career with a sharp legal mind and exceptional problem-solving skills. Her extensive experience spans from countless employment-related investigations, high-stakes federal and state court litigation to negotiating complex settlements, earning her a reputation as a trusted advisor and formidable litigator. Bernadette's clients range from individuals to public entities to multinational corporations across all industries, all of whom benefit from her strategic approach, attention to detail and unwavering commitment to achieving favorable outcomes.
Beyond her legal prowess, Bernadette is known for her empathetic and client-centered approach. She strives to understand her clients' needs fully, providing them with tailored legal solutions and empowering them to make informed decisions. Bernadette's exceptional communication skills and ability to simplify complex legal concepts have earned her the trust and respect of her clients and colleagues alike.
Admitted in California. Not Admitted in Arizona.
Experience in Action
- Oversees broad investigations into complaints of workplace discrimination, harassment bullying and violence.
- Successfully resolved hundreds of employment cases through litigation, mediation and arbitration.
- Assists human resources professionals, small business owners and industry groups with counseling, training, investigations and risk management.
- Manages full range of employment and labor law compliance matters at all phases of the employment relationship, including recruitment, performance management, discipline, leaves of absence, disability accommodations, equal employment opportunity, wage and hour, affirmative action, terminations, privacy, trade secrets and severance agreements.
- Represents employers before federal and state agencies, including the EEOC, DFEH, OFCCP, DOL and WCAB.
Professional & Civic Activities
- US District Court, No. District CA, judicial extern
California State Senate, legislative extern
US Dept of Labor, OFCCP, Capitol Hill extern
University of the Pacific, Dugoni School of Dentistry, adjunct faculty
Bay Area Employment Risk Management Association, employment panel investigator
In the past 20 years, Bernadette has done numerous speaking engagements, written articles and conducted trainings on behalf of dental organizations throughout California including:
California Dental Association
California Assn of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Other local dental associations throughout California
- UC Law San Francisco (formerly UC Hastings) (J.D.)
- University of California, Riverside (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Supreme Court of California