Employment Law Counsel
With more than 35 years as an employment attorney, Bernadette provides sage advice and counsel to a wide array of clients in diverse industry sectors. She works with California-based employers, including public, private and non-profit entities, as well as national corporations, focusing on investigations, advice, counseling and agency-enforcement matters.
Admitted in California. Not Admitted in Arizona.
Experience in Action
- Oversees broad investigations into complaints of workplace discrimination, harassment bullying and violence.
- Successfully resolved thousands of employment cases through litigation, mediation and arbitration.
- Assists human resources professionals, small business owners and industry groups with counseling, training, investigations and risk management.
- Manages full range of employment and labor law compliance matters at all phases of the employment relationship, including recruitment, performance management, discipline, leaves of absence, disability accommodations, equal employment opportunity, wage and hour, affirmative action, terminations, privacy, trade secrets and severance agreements.
- Represents employers before federal and state agencies, including the EEOC, DFEH, OFCCP, DOL and WCAB.
- UC Law San Francisco (formerly UC Hastings) (J.D.)
- University of California, Riverside (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California