Comprehensive guidance on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law
Brendan Sofen maintains a comprehensive corporate practice, which includes advising clients on:
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Commercial contracting
- Venture capital investments and financings
- General corporate law matters
Prior to his legal career, Brendan worked as a financial analyst at Goldman Sachs. In this role, he executed complex equity derivatives transactions on behalf of institutional money managers.
- Guided the owner of a family-owned equipment and service company in its sale to a strategic buyer.
- Advised a private-equity backed company in the health care industry on its acquisitions of multiple home- and community-based service providers.
- Assisted a Wisconsin-based venture capital fund in a Series Seed-2 preferred financing.
Professional & Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin, member
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2021)
- Dean's List
- Marquette University Law Review, editor
- Academic Achievement Award for the Highest Grade in Legal Analysis, Writing and Research, 2019
- Princeton University (A.B., 2015)
- Major: History